- The weather is so hot, warm, humid, sticky in Singapore right now, I’m having my very first bout of back acne. At my age. Painful, icky little spots across my back. Not good.
- Thus I’ve resorted to an all-out combat, equipped with a tea-tree body wash and 2% salicylic acid. My sisters are still horrified when they see ’em pimplies, but I felt the difference. You know the treatment’s working when the pain goes from searing your senses to barely bearable.
- The crazy weather is triggering my rosecea, and hence I’m so not in the mood to apply blush. No thanks to the giganormous pimple that spouted mysteriously on my right cheek and refused to go away, until the trusty 2% salicylic acid.
- I had a memorable Friday when my favorite flats split and the metal pieces flew out. Right after I alighted from the bus and stepped up the curb. In front of a long taxi queue. Embarrassment doesn’t quite cover it.
- And my contact lens decided to fog itself up in my right eye, no thanks to the effin’ weather, and I looked like a vainpot with a shiny, highly reflective Jill Stuart compact mirror beside the traffic light in Orchard Road.
- Apart from my weather woes, I had quite a fulfilling week indeed. There was the Kanebo Sale, and the few unexpected purchases that spiced up a busy workweek. My wallet is telling me that I should save it for Christmas, but the cosmetic companies seem to think otherwise.
- To make this post not so boring, here’s a picture of my slippers that I promptly bought in Far East Plaza after brashing it out with two different shoes on my feet. The polish is Four Leaf Clover by China Glaze. Very bright!
- Daiso Clear Spray Bottle – It has an uncanny resemblance to the ones found in MUJI. In fact I almost couldn’t believe my eyes lol and it is not made of ‘bendable’ cheap plastic. Shall make it a point to check out Daiso before I buy anything from MUJI next time. This is to replace my MAC Brush Cleanser bottle. That silly ‘snap-open’ closure is crap to work with, I always pour out too much liquid and they end up soaking my fingers. A spray bottle would help.
- Also from Daiso: a can of coffee and lemon lime soda. Yay for 2-for-S$2 drinks!
Everything in this picture is courtesy of Sophia, thank you very much once again! She got the Inglot Duraline for me when she went to the US recently for a holiday (and got her hands on the Dior Aurora T_T) and I purchased the nail polishes from her blog sale. I’m feeling so blue, lol!
Also, I’m super duper uber excited to try out the foundation samples that I got from her as well. Thankfully Sophia’s my shade, and being the foundation junkie that she is, I can try out the ones she’s most impressed with! I got the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, the Nars Sheer Glow, the Clarins Extra Firming and the Lancome Teint Miracle Cream. Hopefully I can finally find one that matches my shade perfectly!
Apart from these little presents, it was a life-changing experience for me when I popped into Sephora last week with Sophia. What was initially a quest for me to find a bronzer-contour-thingy with my S$40 Sephora voucher eventually evolved into a makeover. I had only my eyebrows drawn and a little bit of eyeliner, but I walked out of Sephora with softly-defined cheeks and alert eyes. She found a Too Faced The Bronzed & Beautiful palette that was barely swatched, and together with my ELF Studio Complexion Brush, contoured, bronzed and highlighted. The results? Gorgeous.
It was Itacho that we queued at and Luna came to join us for dinner. We ate a ridiculous amount of food and I could still feel the fatty salmon slices swimming somewhere in my stomach the next day. My nails are in a horrible state right now, weak and peeling after I removed my gel extensions (which are pretty damm good btw). It’s been too long since I last wore nail polish on my fingers, but can’t wait to do up some swatches.
I’m going to share my thoughts on the various foundations that I bought off Sophia in my next posts, and one of them is clearly a winner. Have a great mid-week everyone.